Pages

Jul 23, 2011

Michelle Money - 'The Bachelor' Villain

As long as there have been reality shows, there have been misunderstood villains who blame editing for their bad image. 
Michelle Money, 30, a Salt Lake City hairstylist, stuck to the same story during a recent conference call with reporters as she discussed her snarky comments, aggressive behavior and failed attempt to find love with Brad Womack on The Bachelor

Did you anticipate that you'd become this season's villain? 
I never in a million years expected to be the villain. I was actually really surprised and shocked by it in the beginning. I'm an easy target, [because] I'm upfront and honest. It has been hard to see one very small side of me being the only side portrayed. But that's what you get for signing up for a reality TV show.

Do you regret doing the show? 
I have no regrets, no hard feelings. My experience was nothing but positive. I just wish those great experiences had been shown. And at the end of the day, I know what my experience was, what really happened and the friendships I made. 

What about the caught-on-camera mean remarks? 
I have a very sarcastic, dry sense of humor. That can come off as very intense. When you just get a small, chopped-up version of me being sarcastic, it comes across the wrong way. 

And what about the aggressive behavior with Brad? 
When I left, I felt really great about who I was and the choices I made. I felt Brad got a clear idea of who I am ... I went on the show to find love so I took advantage of every opportunity to have time to see if he was someone I'd want in my future. Because if he wasn't, I wanted to go home to my daughter.

Chantal seemed to be your biggest enemy. 
I don't have anything against her. She's a beautiful, smart woman. It's unfortunate everyone only got to see the catty side. Chantal was hard to get to know. She keeps her distance from women. But I left feeling that if I ever saw her again, I'd give her the biggest hug. I still don't think she's right for Brad. 

Who is? 
Emily. He needs someone soft-spoken and feminine. She's just a Southern belle, ladylike and sweet. Emily will be the one who ends up with him, if that's what she wants. It'll be more about her choosing him. 

Did you have a clue that night that you wouldn't get a rose? 
Something was off ... After our photo shoot and time to talk at the pool, something felt different. His kisses weren't as passionate or emotional. I could tell his heart was with someone else. In my opinion, that's when he started falling in love with Emily. 

Why not talk to him on the way to the limo or once you were inside? 
Brad and I did have a personal, positive conversation that gave me closure and helped me feel confident in his decision. They didn't show it. I had a lot to say in the limo as well ... Me laying down was a result of being car sick from talking to the camera while driving down a bumpy road with lights in my face. I was going to throw up. 

Are you worried about how you were portrayed and how it will affect your future dating prospects? 
Once you meet me face to face and have a conversation, it's very clear that I'm not a villain. I'm not worried about dating. I've just had a hard time finding people to date in Utah. Being a single mom, it's hard to get out and travel and meet men. I'm hopeful. I want to get married and have more kids. I want to be in a committed, healthy relationship with somebody who is confident, can make me laugh and can be a great example to my daughter. 









The Bachelor is an American reality television dating game show debuting in 2002 on ABC. For all seasons, the show is hosted by veteran television personality, one-time game show host and news anchor Chris Harrison.


Like it? You may also like : A Sunny Model

Get Chitika Premium   
  Join me on the New Digg  Follow verseilie on Twitter
Loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment